Jamie Andersen, M.A., LMFT
I am a private practice marriage and family therapist serving clients in and around Woodland Park, Colorado, as well as online in the state of Colorado. I am currently accepting new clients for individual therapy by video only.
I have been working in the mental health community since 1998 and in private practice since 2004. I am a nature lover and truly enjoy living in the beautiful Colorado mountains. I am a mother of three and a resident of Colorado for over 20 years.
As your therapist, it is my priority to create a therapeutic atmosphere that promotes growth and positive change, for you. I look forward to working with you to address your challenges and realize your goals. Therapy is a process that can move you toward being the healthiest version of yourself and living the life you desire.
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Education & Credentials:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology from Florida State University.
- Master’s degree in Psychology with an emphasis in marriage, family, and child counseling from Chapman University. Graduated with honors.
- Licensed as a Colorado Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Trained in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing) Brain Spotting, IFS (Internal Family Systems) and Comprehensive Resource Model.
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists ~ Clinical Member
- Colorado Association of Marriage and Family Therapists ~ Clinical Member
- Teller County Medical Reserve Corp (MRC) ~ Volunteer Clinical Member
- Teller County Mental Health Coalition ~ Member